Fishing Tourism and Cruises in Kefalonia
Captain Dimitris and his wife Efthimia,welcome you to fishing touring adventure in Kefalonia and to their fishing boat “Dimitrios-Efthimia”.
Captain Dimitris,a 3rd generation fisherman,since 1987 offers you the possibility to experience traditional fishing in which you can take on the precious elements of the sea.
His wife Efthimia,not only a valuable helping hand but also a great cook,will put you up in her “second home”,the fishing boat and she will prepare an exquisite sea food meal that you will remember for years to come.
Activities – Programme
Enjoy an unforgettable fishing cruise with your family or friends!
– The hospitable fishing boat “Dimitrios-Efthimia” departs from Katelios harbour at 7:30 a.m heading for the fishplace which Captain Dimitris has chosen depending on the season and the weather. On our way we may meet dolphins and the famous turtles “Caretta-Caretta” swimming in the deep blue waters of the Ionian archipelago.
– We reach the fishplace in about an hour where we will have the chance to experience fishing with nets not only for Cods, Red-mullets,Scorpion fish, Dentex, Seabreams but also for Lobsters, Norway Lobsters and Crabs, or fishing with longline for Sword fish and Tuna. Only when we pull in the nets do we realise how excited a fisherman gets at the sight of a good catch.
– After fishing we steer to a beautiful isolated beach which has access only by boat. Meanwhile we empty the nets and we store the fish in ice. We anchor by the beach and there you will enjoy a wonderful swim in the turquoise crystal clear waters while Efthimia will be preparing a delicious meal.
– Under the shade of the boat,feeling the sea breeze we enjoy a good lunch made of the fish we caught, fresh ogranic vegetables and homemade wine of fine quality.
– We return at Katelios harbour at about 2:30 p.m.
Katelios is a traditional fishing village on Kefalonia’s southern coast.
The village is situated in a flat large plain withe fertile soil watered by the streams of the nearby mountains.
This rural setting is a paradise for lovers of nature where they can discover rare plants and birds.
Its a pretty place ,with just a couple of beaches,a little harbour and a smattering of shops and high-quality tavernas.
Agia Varvara,the main beach,is a tranquil sand beach backed by pine trees,eucalyptus and rose bushes.
You will find a good selection of fish tavernas near the small marina from where you can enjoy stunning views of the Ionian Sea until the island of Zakynthos and the western coast of Peloponnese.
Although there has been significant tourist development,Katelios hasn’t lost its character and remains a quiet and peaceful destination,ideal for nature lovers and those seeking relaxation.
Departure time: 07.30 am, Return time: 02.30 pm
Departure – Return point : Kateleios
Transfers upon request